Redmont Tire Company

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Redmont Tire Company photographed by the Birmingham View Company. Courtesy BPL Archives

The Redmont Tire Company was an automobile service station located on the southwest corner of 21st Street and 7th Avenue South in Southside.

The station occupied a sprawling L-shaped complex dominated by a two-story Greek revival-style building with a cupula on the roof. The company sold Goodyear tires and Crown gasoline.

The company was incorporated on November 20, 1928 by George Menefee. Alfred Kilburn was salesman for the company's six locations in 1930. The company was dissolved on December 1, 1932. The Southside complex was later re-branded as a Goodyear Tire center.