Rube Burrow's Food & Spirits
It opened in the early 1980s at 1005 20th Street South in the heart of 5 Points South. It moved from its original space into a larger one next door when Pickwick Place opened in 1987. The manager was Michael Windham. The restaurant closed in late 1996.
Rube Burrows' menu included nachos, blackened chicken fingers, fried mushrooms and potato skins appetizers. The "Magic City Salad" was served in a fried flour torilla shell.
|1005 20th Street South
1980s - 1996
- Levinson, Julie (November 12, 1985) "Pickwick Place at Five Points South hated, loved" Kaleidoscope. Vol. 24, No. 19, p. 1
- Harvey, Fletcher (November 1, 1996) "Dining at Rube Burrows offers hit-and-miss for patrons." Birmingham News