Dr Shin J. Oh is the director of the muscle/nerve histopathology laboratory at UAB Hospital and director of division of neuromuscular disease in UAB's Department of Neurology. He is a professor of neurology and pathology and the author of four textbooks on the diagnosis of neuromuscular diseases.
Oh earned his medical degree in 1960 from Seoul National University in South Korea and completed his residency in 1967 at Georgetown University Hospital in Washington D.C. He joined UAB's faculty in 1970.
In 1994 Dr Oh and his wife, Kim, also a UAB medical professor, endowed an annual lectureship on neuromuscular diseases at UAB in memory of their daughter, Julie.
Oh is certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (1973) and the American Board of Neurology (1992). He was awarded the 2006 Distinguished Researcher Award from the American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine.
- Oh, Shin J. (2001) The Color Atlas of Nerve Biopsy Pathology.
- Oh, Shin J. (1998) Principles of Clinical Electromyography: Case Studies.
- Oh, Shin J. (1988, 2nd ed. 1993) Electromyography: Neuromuscular Transmissions Studies.
- Oh, Shin J. (1984, 2nd ed. 1993, 3rd ed. 2003) Clinical Electromyography: Nerve Conduction Studies.
- "UAB professor named Distinguished Researcher by neurophysiology group." (July 25, 2006) Birmingham Business Journal.