Slice Stone Pizza & Brewhouse is an upscale pizza restaurant with two locations.
With help from David Donaldson, the building's owner, the three brothers secured $250,000 in financing to completely remodel the property. The interior was entirely gutted with an all-new kitchen, bar and restrooms and a new patio seating area was added in front, along with a side deck.
Terrill Brazelton, former owner of the Open Door Café in Crestline Park joined the Bajaliehs as a "fourth brother" and helped develop the menu of specialty pizzas. Since 2012 the restaurant has been recognized four times as the city's "Best Pizza" by readers of Birmingham magazine.
In late 2014 Slice began offering bottles of wine and beer and growlers of draft beer for carry-out. In November 2018 the Bajaliehs opened a second Slice at 3104 Timberlake Road near Vestavia Hills' Patchwork Farms subdivision.
Rock House Restaurant
|725 29th Street South
- Diel, Stan (September 16, 2010) "Slice pizza restaurant will open in Birmingham's Lakeview district." The Birmingham News
- Poe, Kelly (December 12, 2014) "Slice Pizza offering alcohol to go, including growlers, wine and custom 6-packs." The Birmingham News
- Carlton, Bob (September 30, 2016) "Meet the restaurant family that has fed Birmingham for a half-century." The Birmingham News
- Carlton, Bob (November 9, 2018) "Second Slice Pizza location opens in Vestavia Hills." The Birmingham News
- Slice Pizza & Brewhouse website