Smith Middle School
|L. M. Smith Middle School|
|Birmingham City Schools|
|Location||1124 Five Mile Road, (map)|
|Colors||orange & green|
Lewis Martin Smith Middle School is a middle school in the Birmingham City Schools system located at 1124 Five Mile Road in Roebuck. Begun in 1956, Smith School opened as a K-8 school in August 1958 and was named for outgoing Birmingham Board of Education president and Alabama Power Company executive Lewis Smith.
In 1998 the school was expanded to provide a new band room and gymnasium and to renovate the office and administrative areas. Hibbett Sports renovated the gymnasium, locker rooms and provided a weight room under its "Operation Sports Renovation" program.