Stirrup Cup

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

The Stirrup Cup was a bar and lounge that operated from the Thomas Jefferson Hotel beginning on October 4, 1940.

It has been reported that the Stirrup Cup lounge was the first bar in Birmingham to serve draft beer, having brought kegs from Tuscaloosa the day the law changed to allow it.

The bar continued to operate through the 1960s and was later renamed the Green Olive Lounge.