The Battery is a mixed-use development on the southeast corner of 22nd Street and 2nd Avenue South, across from Birmingham Wholesale Furniture. It occupies the former Birmingham Electric Battery Company (BEBCO) service building.
The development was announced in April 2017 by SRS Real Estate Partners for owner Ward Neely. CCR Architecture & Interiors designed the 30,000 square foot project, and Prier Construction Co. completed construction in late 2019.
The project's first tenants were announced in November 2017, including the Birmingham District Brewing Co. and a location of Mason, Tennessee-based Gus's Fried Chicken. The first tenant to open for business was True40 Fitness Studio, which debuted on August 2, 2018.
- Birmingham District Brewing Co. (November 2018–)
- True40 Fitness Studio (August 2018–)
- Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken (2019–)
- Wasabi Juan's (2019–)
- Original B’ham Apparel Company (2019–)
- Mosaic Birmingham church (2019–)
- Godwin, Brent (April 18, 2017) "Redevelopment of BEBCO building could include restaurant, office space." Birmingham Business Journal
- Godwin, Brent (November 13, 2017) "Downtown redevelopment project will include new brewery, restaurant." Birmingham Business Journal
- Edgemom, Erin (November 13, 2017) "Syndicate Lounge, brewery set for new downtown Birmingham project." The Birmingham News
- Godwin, Brent (July 25, 2018) "First tenant set to open at The Battery development." Birmingham Business Journal
- "Project Complete: The Battery" (March 14, 2019) Build Birmingham