Thomas Rowan residence
Rowan moved to a 130-acre farm which he purchased at auction in 1846 and built a small house on the site in 1854. It was greatly enlarged by Rowan's son in 1904. The family remained in the house through another generation, with the last occupant passing away in 1979.
The wood structure with deep porches and pine floors was restored by the Leeds Historical Society beginning in 1999. With help from volunteers from Leeds First Baptist Church the house was repaired, re-roofed, air-conditioned, furnished and landscaped for use as a reception hall.
- Henry, Jane (November 5, 2008) "Rowan Oaks is one of historical society’s accomplishments." The Leeds News