Traders National Bank
Traders National Bank was a banking office that opened in Birmingham in February 17, 1904 with $100,000 in capital stock and $45,000 in deposits after one month of operation. It was headed by John Frye with O. E. Smith as vice president and C. H. Seals as assistant cashier. Its offices were located on the corner of 20th Street and 3rd Avenue North.
Traders National Bank merged with the American Trust and Savings Bank to form the American-Traders National Bank and opened branch offices in Leeds, North Birmingham, Woodlawn, Fairfield, Ensley and Tarrant. It also constructed the American Trust Building on the southeast corner of 1st Avenue North and 20th Street, briefly the city's tallest skyscraper, as its headquarters.