- This article is about the Birmingham park, for the planned park in Pinson, see Triangle Park (Pinson).
- For the park on Birmingham's Southside, see Phelan Park
The "Friends of Triangle Park" was founded by Julie Cochran and Barbara Blair. The group planned and executed improvements to what was then a bare grass wedge. Steve Coker drew up a master plan. David Lee served as general contractor and arborist with Ross Environmental and Civil Contracting performing the site grading. Neighborhood children contributed hand-painted tiles through Homemade Biscuits to decorate the concrete tables and benches.
The result includes a three-tiered playground and shaded picnic area, which were dedicated on August 25, 2001. The remainder of the fenced park remains an open grassy field used for informal recreation.
- "Face-Lift Set for Clairmont Park." (July 12, 2000) The Birmingham News
- "Triangle Park Celebration Picnic Set for August 25." (August 15, 2001) The Birmingham News
- "New Park for Forest Park" (October 2001) The Southsider. Vol. 2, No. 4