The Valley Hotel (known previously as the Hilton Curio Collection Hotel Homewood) is a proposed 5-story, 129-room full-service hotel to be located on 18th Street at 28th Avenue South in Homewood. The project, which includes redevelopment of the former Wolf Camera store for retail use, is being developed by Mike Mouron of Capstone Real Estate Investments.
The original proposal for a 7-story, 127-room hotel was rejected by the Homewood Planning Commission out of concern for the height of the building and the provisions for parking. The redesigned project was approved by the city, with an agreement to allow spaces in the existing SoHo parking garage to count toward parking minimums. The Homewood City Council also approved a 75% rebate in lodging taxes, capped at $10 million over a 20-year period, as a financial incentive for the project.
- Cromwell, Sydney (September 15, 2016) "Hatfield, Little Professor relocating after developer purchases property." Homewood Star
- Edgemon, Erin (July 19, 2017) "Hilton-brand hotel proposed for downtown Homewood to be redesigned." The Birmingham News
- Edgemon, Erin (December 6, 2018) "Homewood approves $10 million in incentives for downtown hotel, retail project." The Birmingham News
- Cromwell, Sydney (December 7, 2018) "Developer plans spring start for 18th Street hotel construction." Homewood Star
- Van der Bijl, Hanno (July 17, 2019) "Bham developer buys Rosedale property with plans for retail development next to new Homewood hotel." Birmingham Business Journal