WBRC studio building

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

The WBRC studio building is an "Antebellum" Georgian or Greek-Revival style office and television production facility constructed by the Storer Broadcasting Company in 1954 for WBRC-TV. The new building was constructed in front of the station's original studio, which it inherited from WBRC-FM at "Radio Park" on Red Mountain.

The $500,000 building's spacious "Studio A" was used for local programming and was overlooked by a "sponsor's room" for guests representing the station's advertisers. Among the sets available for use any time was a working kitchen, supervised by Joan Meadows, and a rear-projection set-up for special effects. The area also provided dressing rooms and offices for full-time on-air staff. A film room provided for telefilm processing and storage and administrative offices occupied the second floor, accessed from a formal stair hall lit by a large chandelier. The building was fully air conditioned and outfitted with modern equipment.

References