The Wear Cemetery is a small family cemetery first used around 1852 along Old Springville Road, between Sterling Lane and Countryside Drive, adjoining an Alabama Power Company substation in Clay. Twenty-three grave sites were documented at the cemetery in 2008. The most recent marked grave is that of Sallie Wear, who was buried in 1927.
A bronze marker was erected near the site by the Clay Historical Society and Birmingham Territory Chapter of the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution in 2009.
- Lettie Campbell, 1864-1887
- Sultanah Kelley, 1822-1879
- Andrew Wear ,1933-1916, Civil War veteran
- David Wear, 1848-1918, Civil War veteran
- Jacob Wear ,1790-1872, veteran of the War of 1812
- McLaughlin Wear, 1869-1870
- Molinia Wear, 1872-1885
- Nancy Wear, 1825-1908
- Omelia Wear, 1845-1904
- Pleasant Wear, 1810-1894
- Rebecca Wear, 1813-1887
- Sallie Wear, 1834-1927
- Samuel Wear, 1766-1852, Revolutionary War veteran
- Wear Cemetery in Clay, AL on "Richard's Travels" weblog