West Center Street Elementary School
|West Center Street Elementary School|
|District||Birmingham City Schools|
|Location||1712 3rd Street Southwest, (map)|
The original 7-room school was open to African-American students. It was serving 280 students when it was expanded with 4 new classrooms, a library and a "cafetorium" in 1963.
The school was closed due to consolidation in the 1980s. Afterward it was converted into a JCCEO Head Start Center.
- Bessie Estelle, 1970