Whole Foods Market Plaza
Whole Foods Market Plaza (formerly Riverchase Village Shopping Center), is a shopping center on the southeast corner of the intersection of Montgomery Highway and Lorna Road in the Riverchase section of Hoover.
It was developed in the 1990s by partially demolishing and redeveloping the former Loehmann's Village, which had been focused around an interior pedestrian plaza. The redevelopment was originally anchored by a Bruno's supermarket, which closed in May 2009 and reopened as Belle Foods until closing again in 2013.
Southpace Properties had some success in recruiting stand alone restaurants to outparcel sites, and later secured a 20-year lease for Whole Foods' second Birmingham area location. Construction of the new anchor was slow, going on for nearly three years between the announcement in November 2014 and the opening in October 2017. The City of Hoover awarded developer Riverchase Lorna LP a 50% abatement for sales tax receipts exceeding those in the year prior to Whole Foods' opening.
In late 2018 the Boyle Investment Co. of Memphis, Tennessee sold the shopping center to TH Real Estate of Charlotte, North Carolina. In early 2020 Whole Foods announced it would close the Hoover store.
- 3780 Riverchase Village
- #100: former location of IronStone Pizza (2018)
- #110: Chicken Salad Chick
- #200: Best Buy
- #300: PetSmart
- #400: Whole Foods (October 2017-2020)
- #500: Sola Salon Studios, former location of Spinosi's Hair Studio
- #600: Nothing Bundt Cakes
- #650: Market House Boutique
- #800: Bella's Bridal and Formal
- #950: Venice Nails and Spa
- #1000: Newk's Eatery
- Anderson, Jon (September 26, 2017) "Whole Foods Market delays opening of Riverchase store until Oct. 18." Hoover Sun
- Anderson, Jon (October 16, 2017) "Hoover council OKs tax rebate for Whole Foods Market Plaza." Hoover Sun
- Godwin, Brent (November 5, 2018) "Whole Foods shopping center sells in recent deal." Birmingham Business Journal
- Thornton, William (January 8, 2020) "Whole Foods closing Hoover location." The Birmingham News
- Whole Foods Market Plaza leasing brochure