Yogurt Mountain LLC, founded by David Kahn and Aaron Greenberg, is a chain of self-serve frozen yogurt shops based in Birmingham. Each location offers 16 rotating flavors of frozen yogurt and 50+ toppings, for which the customer pays by the ounce.
Yogurt Mountain opened its first store in Cahaba Village in Mountain Brook in September 2009. A second location opened shortly thereafter in Midtown Village Shopping Center in Tuscaloosa. In April 2010, Books-A-Million paid $3 million for a minority equity share of the chain. Soon after, Yogurt Mountain locations began opening inside Books-A-Million locations. By early 2014, Yogurt Mountain had expanded to 43 locations in 14 states.12
Kahn sold his remaining stake in the company in July 2013.
- Yogurt Mountain Locations. (February 29, 2012).
- Godwin, Brent. (February 10, 2012). "Yogurt Mountain LLC continues expansion." Birmingham Business Journal.
- "Yogurt Mountain" (January 19, 2012) Wikipedia - accessed February 29, 2012
- DeButts, Jimmy (April 16, 2010) "Books-A-Million paid $3M for Yogurt Mountain stake." Birmingham Business Journal
- "Books-A-Million teams up with Yogurt Mountain." (November 5, 2010) Birmingham Business Journal
- Azok, Dawn Kent (July 22, 2013) "Founder of Birmingham's Yogurt Mountain chain sells remaining stake in company, looks to new food ventures." The Birmingham News
- Yogurt Mountain website