Difference between revisions of "Automatic Seafood & Oysters"
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
* [https://www.automaticseafood.com/ Automatic Seafood
* [https://www.automaticseafood.com/ Automatic Seafood Oysters] website
Revision as of 09:00, 20 June 2022
Automatic Seafood & Oysters is a fine dining restaurant at 2824 5th Avenue South in Lakeview. It was opened in March 2019 by Adam Evans and Suzanne Humphries Evans. It was named for the Automatic Sprinkler Corp. which occupied the same building in the 1950s. Kevin Moore is general manager and Jose Medina Camacho is the lead bartender.
In 2020 the restaurant was nominated for the James Beard Foundation's "Best New Restaurant" award. That same year, during the Coronavirus pandemic, the restaurant sued its insurer for failure to pay its no-restrictions loss of business claim. The business closed temporarily after one of its employees tested positive for COVID-19.
Adam Evans won the James Beard Foundation Award for "Best Chef in the South" in June 2022.
- Koplowitz, Howard (May 8, 2020) "Automatic Seafood files federal class-action lawsuit against insurer for loss of business income." The Birmingham News
- Stuart, Shauna (June 21, 2020) "Automatic Seafood temporarily closing after staff member tests positive for COVID-19." The Birmingham News
- Automatic Seafood & Oysters website