Avondale Marble Works building
The building sat vacant for many years. In 2000, Tim Burt invested $450,000 renovating the building. The bottom floor housed Parkside Home & Garden and the top floor was his personal residence. Burt closed the Avondale location of Parkside and put the building on the market in 2008. In 2009, Parkside Cafe was opened in the building.
- Wilkinson, Kaija (May 20, 2005) "Parkside builds on eclecticism." Birmingham Business Journal
- Wilkinson, Kaija (June 23, 2006) "New tenants boost Vestavia Hills City Center." Birmingham Business Journal
- Fincher, Brandon (January 19, 2008) "Parkside Home & Garden moves on to square." Daily Home
- Natta, André (July 21, 2008) "Parkside's closing." The Terminal
- Avondale Marble Works historical sign on Facebook