Difference between revisions of "Birmingham Fire Station No. 4"

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Equipment)
Line 8: Line 8:
  
 
==Equipment==
 
==Equipment==
*Engine 4 (ALS)
+
*Quint 4 (ALS) 2016 Stuphen SL75
 
*Brush Truck 4
 
*Brush Truck 4
  

Revision as of 11:18, 25 January 2017

Station #4
This articles is about the current station in Oxmoor. For the historic station, see Birmingham Fire Station No. 4 (1926).

Birmingham Fire Station No. 4 is a 3-bay Birmingham Fire & Rescue Service station on Oslo Circle in the Oxmoor neighborhood.

The land for the station was donated by United Cerebral Palsy, whose offices are located across the street. The station was designed in a rustic style featuring brick, stone and timber accents by architects Charles Williams & Associates.

Ground was broken on February 28, 2011 with Mayor William Bell and Fire Chief Ivor Brooks in attendance. The completed station was dedicated on July 24, 2014.

Equipment

  • Quint 4 (ALS) 2016 Stuphen SL75
  • Brush Truck 4

History

The station took the number designation of Retired Birmingham Fire Station No. 4 (1926), though the station does not cover the same territory as the original station.

References

  • Chambers, Jesse (July 24, 2014) "Birmingham opens new fire station in Oxmoor area, fulfilling a 'commitment to the community'." The Birmingham News

External links