Birmingham Fire Station No. 6
The original station, constructed in 1905 at 1501 3rd Avenue North, is the oldest Birmingham fire station still standing. From 1983 to 2020 it was the home of the Firehouse Shelter, an emergency homeless shelter.
- Engine 6
- Rescue 6
- Battalion 2
- Birmingham Fire Station No. 6 at Birmingham Retired Firefighters of Local 117 website
- Satterfield, Carolyn Green (1976) "Historic Sites of Jefferson County, Alabama" Jefferson County Historical Commission