Difference between revisions of "Cable Hall"

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 1: Line 1:
'''Cable Hall''' was a music studio and recital hall located at 1816-1818 [[2nd Avenue North]], established by the [[Cable-Shelby-Burton Piano Co.]]. It served as the home of the [[Birmingham Conservatory of Music]] before it moved to its own facility on [[7th Avenue North]]. It also housed violin teacher [[C. R. Klenk]]'s studio.
+
'''Cable Hall''' was a music studio and recital hall located on the upper floor of the [[Burnett Building]] at 1816-1818 [[2nd Avenue North]]. The space was managed by the [[Cable-Shelby-Burton Piano Co.]]
 +
 
 +
Cable Hall served as the home of the [[Birmingham Conservatory of Music]] before it moved to its own facility on [[7th Avenue North]]. It also housed violin teacher [[C. R. Klenk]]'s studio. From [[1913]] to [[1919]] it was associated with the headquarters of the [[Alabama Equal Suffrage Association]].
  
 
{{stub}}
 
{{stub}}
 
[[Category:Concert venues]]
 
[[Category:Concert venues]]
[[Category:2nd Avenue North]]
+
[[Category:Meeting spaces]]
 +
[[Category:Burnett Building]]

Latest revision as of 10:27, 25 October 2020

Cable Hall was a music studio and recital hall located on the upper floor of the Burnett Building at 1816-1818 2nd Avenue North. The space was managed by the Cable-Shelby-Burton Piano Co.

Cable Hall served as the home of the Birmingham Conservatory of Music before it moved to its own facility on 7th Avenue North. It also housed violin teacher C. R. Klenk's studio. From 1913 to 1919 it was associated with the headquarters of the Alabama Equal Suffrage Association.