The Denechaud House, originally the Denechaud European Hotel and Restaurant was a hotel located at 2107 2nd Avenue North, adjoining the Florentine Building in downtown Birmingham. The property, owned by New Orleans hotelier E. F. Denechaud and operated by his sons Edward and Louis, opened in 1887. The building featured one of the most elaborate cornices in town, matched in ornateness by the window surrounds on the front.
The hotel survived only two years, with the sons returning to New Orleans to help operate their father's business. After the hotel's closure, the building has housed a sewing machine company, a paint supply store, apartments, and a furniture store. In the late 1970s, the ground floor was occupied by the Peoples Loan Co.. Extensive work in 1985 and 1986 restored the historic facade as well as the painted sign high on the building's east wall, long hidden behind an adjacent structure.
- White, Marjorie Longenecker (1977) Downtown Birmingham: Architectural and Historical Walking Tour Guide. Birmingham: Birmingham Historical Society.
- Buchanan, Charles (2012) Fading Ads of Birmingham. Charleston, South Carolina: The History Press ISBN 9781609494834