The Dowdy Building was a one-story, 8,577 square-foot office building at 1109 7th Avenue South on the UAB Campus.
The building housed Central Sign & Advertising in 1964. UAB acquired it, along with the adjoining 7-11 Building, in 1971.
Until completion of Heritage Hall, the building housed the UAB Anthropology Lab, including the UAB Josselyn Archaeological Collection.
After 2008 the building was converted for use as coaches offices, locker rooms, training rooms and team rooms for the UAB Blazers football program.
The Dowdy and 7-11 Buildings were demolished in August 2019.