Difference between revisions of "Eagle Hotel"

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(New page: :''This article is about the hotel on 2nd & 24th. For the high-rise hotel on 2nd & 17th, see Thomas Jefferson Hotel.'' The '''Hotel Jefferson''' was a 4-story hotel located at the corn...)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
:''This article is about the hotel on 2nd & 24th. For the high-rise hotel on 2nd & 17th, see [[Thomas Jefferson Hotel]].''
 
:''This article is about the hotel on 2nd & 24th. For the high-rise hotel on 2nd & 17th, see [[Thomas Jefferson Hotel]].''
 +
[[Image:Eagle Hotel.jpg|right|thumb|450px|Eagle Hotel in the 1950s, with [[Star Super Market]] in the ground floor]]
 
The '''Hotel Jefferson''' was a 4-story hotel located at the corner of [[24th Street North|24th Street]] and [[2nd Avenue North]] in the early 1900s. It was operated by [[J. B. Kennedy]].
 
The '''Hotel Jefferson''' was a 4-story hotel located at the corner of [[24th Street North|24th Street]] and [[2nd Avenue North]] in the early 1900s. It was operated by [[J. B. Kennedy]].
  
Line 5: Line 6:
  
 
By [[1918]], under the proprietorship of [[R. H. Borders]], the hotel offered American Plan rates of $2 and up, and rooms on the "European Plan" (no meals) for 75¢.
 
By [[1918]], under the proprietorship of [[R. H. Borders]], the hotel offered American Plan rates of $2 and up, and rooms on the "European Plan" (no meals) for 75¢.
 +
 +
Later the building operated as the '''Eagle Hotel'''. The ground floor was converted into a [[Star Super Market]].
  
 
{{stub}}
 
{{stub}}

Revision as of 21:02, 24 April 2014

This article is about the hotel on 2nd & 24th. For the high-rise hotel on 2nd & 17th, see Thomas Jefferson Hotel.
Eagle Hotel in the 1950s, with Star Super Market in the ground floor

The Hotel Jefferson was a 4-story hotel located at the corner of 24th Street and 2nd Avenue North in the early 1900s. It was operated by J. B. Kennedy.

In 1909 the hotel, which charged $2 and $4 per day on the "American Plan" (meals included), offered steam heat and private baths, and sent porters to meet all trains at the nearby Birmingham Terminal Station. It was the official headquarters of "Post B" of the Travelers' Protective Association of America.

By 1918, under the proprietorship of R. H. Borders, the hotel offered American Plan rates of $2 and up, and rooms on the "European Plan" (no meals) for 75¢.

Later the building operated as the Eagle Hotel. The ground floor was converted into a Star Super Market.

References