Eagle Hotel

From Bhamwiki
Revision as of 17:07, 30 March 2014 by Dystopos (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
This article is about the hotel on 2nd & 24th. For the high-rise hotel on 2nd & 17th, see Thomas Jefferson Hotel.

The Hotel Jefferson was a 4-story hotel located at the corner of 24th Street and 2nd Avenue North in the early 1900s. It was operated by J. B. Kennedy.

In 1909 the hotel, which charged $2 and $4 per day on the "American Plan" (meals included), offered steam heat and private baths, and sent porters to meet all trains at the nearby Birmingham Terminal Station. It was the official headquarters of "Post B" of the Travelers' Protective Association of America.

By 1918, under the proprietorship of R. H. Borders, the hotel offered American Plan rates of $2 and up, and rooms on the "European Plan" (no meals) for 75¢.

References