Difference between revisions of "Exchange Security Bank of Birmingham"

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
m
Line 3: Line 3:
 
The bank's president was [[R. D. Russell]].
 
The bank's president was [[R. D. Russell]].
  
The [[Exchange Bank Building]] was constructed on [[20th Street South]] and [[10th Avenue South]] in [[1947]]. The stripped-classicist modern concrete building was the first banking office in the city to have a drive-up window and its own parking lot. When it was built, the south wing of the building housed a [[Mary Ball Candies]] store.
+
The '''Exchange Bank Building''' was constructed on [[20th Street South]] and [[10th Avenue South]] in [[1947]]. The stripped-classicist modern concrete building was the first banking office in the city to have a drive-up window and its own parking lot. When it was built, the south wing of the building housed a [[Mary Ball Candies]] store.
  
 
A stone and tile branch office designed by [[William Shaw]] was completed at [[Five Points West]] in [[1960]].
 
A stone and tile branch office designed by [[William Shaw]] was completed at [[Five Points West]] in [[1960]].

Revision as of 13:40, 3 August 2009

The Exchange Security Bank of Birmingham, along with the First National Bank of Montgomery and First National Bank of Huntsville, was one of the banks that merged on July 13, 1971 to form First Alabama Bancshares (now Regions Bank).

The bank's president was R. D. Russell.

The Exchange Bank Building was constructed on 20th Street South and 10th Avenue South in 1947. The stripped-classicist modern concrete building was the first banking office in the city to have a drive-up window and its own parking lot. When it was built, the south wing of the building housed a Mary Ball Candies store.

A stone and tile branch office designed by William Shaw was completed at Five Points West in 1960.

References