The $14.5 million project was developed on the site of the former Molton Hotel for Johnson-Rast & Hays. Originally proposed as a 25-story tower in 1979, the shorter, pink-granite clad building designed Giattina, Fisher & Company was completed in 1982.
On July 19, 2013 the building was sold by FCB, LLC to the Allegiance Realty Corp. of Charlotte, North Carolina. They immediately planned $3-5 million in renovations to lobbies, elevators and landscaping. PKA Architects designed the renovations, which were contracted to Rives Construction.
- Birmingham Business Alliance
- REV Birmingham
- Christian & Small attorneys
- BBVA Compass
- Cushman & Wakefield/EGS Commercial Real Estate
- Hale, Sides & Akins
- Norman, Wood, Kendrick & Turner
- Jones Walker
- Martin Grace Benefit Group (2002-2012)
- Daniel Corporation (2016-)
- Poe, Ryan (February 10, 2012) "Birmingham’s Financial Center on market for $28M." Birmingham Business Journal
- Tomberlin, Michael (July 22, 2013) "Birmingham's Financial Center gets new owner, planned upgrades." The Birmingham News
- Godwin, Brent (September 1, 2016) "Daniel Corp. buying downtown tower, moving HQ to city center." Birmingham Business Journal
- Financial Center at Emporis.com