|District||Birmingham City Schools|
|Location||5130 8th Court South, (map)|
Minnie Holman Elementary School was a former Birmingham City School located at 5130 8th Court South in the Woodlawn Highlands neighborhood (now Crestwood North). It opened in 1928 and was named for Minnie Holman Phillips, the widow of superintendent John H. Phillips. A memorial plaque was placed at the site on May 23, 1930.
The two-story brick school building was designed by Warren, Knight & Davis in a Jacobethan revival style ornamented with brick diaperwork and carved stone trim.
- Shelby, Thomas Mark (2005) An Architectural and Historical Survey of the Woodlawn Highlands Historic District, Birmingham, Alabama. University of Alabama Museums, Office of Archaeological Research
- Photographs from Holman School on Flickr.com