Difference between revisions of "Mary Ball Candies"

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 1: Line 1:
 
[[File:Mary Ball window.jpg|right|thumb|375px|Mary Ball display window. Photo by Charlie Preston.]]
 
[[File:Mary Ball window.jpg|right|thumb|375px|Mary Ball display window. Photo by Charlie Preston.]]
'''Mary Ball Candy Kitchen''' was a candy and confectionery shop located at 2015 5th Avenue North. The business opened in 1949 and closed in 1970.
+
'''Mary Ball Candy Kitchen''' was a candy and confectionery shop owned by the Vlahos family with several locations in [[Birmingham]]. The business opened in the 1940s and closed in the 1970s.
 +
 
 +
==Locations==
 +
''(Note: Dates are not comprehensive, but merely denote verified years of operation)''
 +
* 1810 [[3rd Avenue North]], 1949
 +
* 2015 [[5th Avenue North]], 1949-1970
 +
* 2025 [[5th Avenue North]], 1941
 +
* 207 [[20th Street North]], 1964
 +
* 943 [[20th Street South]], 1947-1949
 +
 
 +
[[Category:Candy shops]]
 +
[[Category:1940s establishments]]
 +
[[Category:1970s disestablishments]]
 +
[[Category:3rd Avenue North]]
 +
[[Category:5th Avenue North]]
 +
[[Category:Frank Nelson Building]]
 +
[[Category:20th Street South]]

Revision as of 08:15, 31 December 2018

Mary Ball display window. Photo by Charlie Preston.

Mary Ball Candy Kitchen was a candy and confectionery shop owned by the Vlahos family with several locations in Birmingham. The business opened in the 1940s and closed in the 1970s.

Locations

(Note: Dates are not comprehensive, but merely denote verified years of operation)