Miles College offers degrees in education, business, biology, and in various sciences. Their mascot is the Golden Bears, and the marching band is the Miles Purple Marching Machine. Their current president is Dr. George French, Jr. According to a recent non-profit organization, Miles College ranks 4th in the nation for graduating black college students.
In 2006, Miles College purchased the former HealthSouth MetroWest Hospital which doubled the size of the campus to 76 acres. In July, 2007, college officials were in talks to have the 41 acres of what is also known as the Lloyd Noland Hospital site deannexed from Fairfield and annexed into the City of Birmingham.
Miles College is also a member of the United Negro College Fund.
- Emory Anthony, attorney
- Richard Arrington, former Mayor of Birmingham
- William Bell, Birmingham City Council member
- Bernard Kincaid, current Mayor of Birmingham
- Carole Smitherman, Birmingham City Council president
- Abraham Woods, minister and Civil Rights leader
- Miles College. (April 13, 2007). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 18:58, July 2, 2007.
|Dual licensed with the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License version 3.0|
|This article is published under the GFDL and the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license v3.0.|