Difference between revisions of "New Pilgrim Baptist Church"
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
Revision as of 11:50, 10 March 2020
The church was founded as 11th Street Baptist Church in 1900, and changed its name to St Luke Baptist Church in 1909. In 1929 it was renamed Pilgrim Baptist Church, which was modified to "New Pilgrim Baptist Church" in the 1940s. For most of its life, the church was located at 903 6th Avenue South.
The present 1,200-seat sanctuary was constructed in 1979.
The church completed a $4.2 million expansion, including a gymnasium/fellowship hall and new childcare center in June 2014. The project included spaces for a bookstore and coffee shop open during the week as well as on Sundays.