New Pilgrim Baptist Church
The church was founded as 11th Street Baptist Church in 1900, and changed its name to St Luke Baptist Church in 1909. In 1929 it was renamed Pilgrim Baptist Church, which was modified to "New Pilgrim Baptist Church" in the 1940s. For most of its life, the church was located at 903 6th Avenue South.
The present 1,200-seat sanctuary was constructed in 1979.
- Garrison, Greg (June 27, 2013) "New Pilgrim Baptist Church breaks ground on $3.5 million expansion." The Birmingham News