North Birmingham Library
The North Birmingham Regional Branch Library is a regional branch of the Birmingham Public Library located at 2501 31st Avenue North in North Birmingham.
The branch was established in 1926 and was the first branch library in Birmingham to be constructed specifically by the Birmingham Public Library Board and City of Birmingham, rather than being annexed into the system from a formerly independent municipality. The building was repaired and repainted under the auspices of the Civil Works Administration during the Great Depression.
In the 1970s the Alabama Public Library System sponsored a program to provide library services to blind and disabled patrons. Jefferson County's service center for the blind was housed at the North Birmingham Library.
The current 14,000 square-foot library building was constructed in 1994 and opened on October 2 of that year.
- North Birmingham Regional Branch Library at bplonline.org
- North Birmingham Library on Facebook.com