Difference between revisions of "Norton's Florist"

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
m
Line 1: Line 1:
[[Image:Nortons florist.jpg|right|thumb|200px|Norton's Florist on 22nd Street South. Photographed April 22, 2006]]
+
[[Image:Nortons florist.jpg|right|thumb|375px|Norton's Florist on 22nd Street South. Photographed April 22, 2006]]
'''Norton's Florist''' is Birmingham's largest full-service florist, established in [[1921]] with four locations in town. The main location is at 401 [[22nd Street South]] in a building formerly occupied by [[Chip Ellis Motorcars]]. It was recently relocated from [[7th Avenue South]] in [[Lakeview]]. Other locations are at [[Inverness Landing]], [[Church Street]] in [[Mountain Brook]], and the [[AmSouth Harbert Plaza]]. Norton's is owned by [[Gus Pappas]].
+
[[Image:Norton's Florist postcard.jpg|right|thumb|375px|Postcard for Norton Floral Co.]]
 +
'''Norton's Florist''' (formerly '''Norton Floral Co.''') is Birmingham's largest full-service florist, established in [[1921]] with four locations in town. It was originally located at the intersection of [[26th Street North|26th Street]] and [[12th Avenue North]].
 +
 
 +
The main location is at 401 [[22nd Street South]] in a building formerly occupied by [[Chip Ellis Motorcars]]. It was recently relocated from [[7th Avenue South]] in [[Lakeview]]. Other locations are at [[Inverness Landing]], [[Church Street]] in [[Mountain Brook]], and the [[AmSouth Harbert Plaza]]. Norton's is owned by [[Gus Pappas]].
  
 
On [[March 24]], 2006 a 30 foot tall steel sculpture of a calla lily was installed in front of the main location on 22nd Street South. The statue was created by [[Wade Bradberry]] of [[Heirloom Ironworks]] and installed by [[One Source Signs]].
 
On [[March 24]], 2006 a 30 foot tall steel sculpture of a calla lily was installed in front of the main location on 22nd Street South. The statue was created by [[Wade Bradberry]] of [[Heirloom Ironworks]] and installed by [[One Source Signs]].
  
 
==Reference==
 
==Reference==
* "The spring's biggest bloom." ''Birmingham News''. March 25, 2006. p. 1B
+
* "The spring's biggest bloom." (March 25, 2006) {{BN}}
  
 
==External link==
 
==External link==
 
* [http://www.nortonsflorist.com/ Norton's Florist] website
 
* [http://www.nortonsflorist.com/ Norton's Florist] website
  
[[Category:22nd Street South|401]]
 
 
[[Category:Florists]]
 
[[Category:Florists]]
 +
[[Category:1921 establishments]]
 +
[[Category:22nd Street South]]

Revision as of 16:33, 25 July 2014

Norton's Florist on 22nd Street South. Photographed April 22, 2006
Postcard for Norton Floral Co.

Norton's Florist (formerly Norton Floral Co.) is Birmingham's largest full-service florist, established in 1921 with four locations in town. It was originally located at the intersection of 26th Street and 12th Avenue North.

The main location is at 401 22nd Street South in a building formerly occupied by Chip Ellis Motorcars. It was recently relocated from 7th Avenue South in Lakeview. Other locations are at Inverness Landing, Church Street in Mountain Brook, and the AmSouth Harbert Plaza. Norton's is owned by Gus Pappas.

On March 24, 2006 a 30 foot tall steel sculpture of a calla lily was installed in front of the main location on 22nd Street South. The statue was created by Wade Bradberry of Heirloom Ironworks and installed by One Source Signs.

Reference

External link