Difference between revisions of "Norton's Florist"

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(added history info from 1988 B'ham News ad)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
[[Image:Nortons florist.jpg|right|thumb|375px|Norton's Florist on 22nd Street South. Photographed April 22, 2006]]
 
[[Image:Nortons florist.jpg|right|thumb|375px|Norton's Florist on 22nd Street South. Photographed April 22, 2006]]
 
[[Image:Norton's Florist postcard.jpg|right|thumb|375px|Postcard for Norton Floral Co.]]
 
[[Image:Norton's Florist postcard.jpg|right|thumb|375px|Postcard for Norton Floral Co.]]
'''Norton's Florist''' (formerly '''Norton Floral Co.''') is Birmingham's largest full-service florist, established in [[1921]] with four locations in town. It was originally located at the intersection of [[26th Street North|26th Street]] and [[12th Avenue North]].
+
'''Norton's Florist''' (formerly '''Norton Floral Co.''') is Birmingham's largest full-service florist, established in [[1921]] with four locations in town. It was originally located at 1128 [[26th Street North|26th Street]], on the corner of [[12th Avenue North]].
  
 
The main location is at 401 [[22nd Street South]] in a building formerly occupied by [[Chip Ellis Motorcars]]. It was recently relocated from [[7th Avenue South]] in [[Lakeview]]. Other locations are at [[Inverness Landing]], [[Church Street]] in [[Mountain Brook]], and the [[AmSouth Harbert Plaza]]. Norton's is owned by [[Gus Pappas]].
 
The main location is at 401 [[22nd Street South]] in a building formerly occupied by [[Chip Ellis Motorcars]]. It was recently relocated from [[7th Avenue South]] in [[Lakeview]]. Other locations are at [[Inverness Landing]], [[Church Street]] in [[Mountain Brook]], and the [[AmSouth Harbert Plaza]]. Norton's is owned by [[Gus Pappas]].

Latest revision as of 08:39, 25 October 2018

Norton's Florist on 22nd Street South. Photographed April 22, 2006
Postcard for Norton Floral Co.

Norton's Florist (formerly Norton Floral Co.) is Birmingham's largest full-service florist, established in 1921 with four locations in town. It was originally located at 1128 26th Street, on the corner of 12th Avenue North.

The main location is at 401 22nd Street South in a building formerly occupied by Chip Ellis Motorcars. It was recently relocated from 7th Avenue South in Lakeview. Other locations are at Inverness Landing, Church Street in Mountain Brook, and the AmSouth Harbert Plaza. Norton's is owned by Gus Pappas.

On March 24, 2006 a 30 foot tall steel sculpture of a calla lily was installed in front of the main location on 22nd Street South. The statue was created by Wade Bradberry of Heirloom Ironworks and installed by One Source Signs.

History

In 1921, Dr. J.S. Norton, who lived in Sayreton, along with his friend Forney Renfroe, opened Norton Floral Co. at 1128 26th Street North. Shortly after the business opened, Norton's wife joined the company and later, their son John and eventually his son Philip joined the company.

Reference

External link