Striplin Field is located on the campus of Birmingham-Southern College in the College Hills neighborhood of west Birmingham. It was built in 1981 and named in honor of 1951 alumnus Larry Striplin Jr, an all-star athlete and Birmingham-Southern Sports Hall of Fame inductee. Striplin Field has a seating capacity of 1,000. Dimensions of the field are 321 feet to right field, 324 to left, 365 in the alleys and 390 to center.
Striplin Field was renovated in 1995 with the financial backing of Richard Scrushy and HealthSouth. In 1996, the venue was rededicated as the Scrushy-Striplin Field. The renovations included a new clubhouse, and the former clubhouse was converted into a weight room and training facility. The exterior of the facility received a lighted and covered batting cage, a new sprinkler system was added, and a new scoreboard was installed.
Further renovations to the outfield fence were made in 1999, funded by a donation from Larry Striplin.
- Striplin Field at BSCsports.net