Sweet Tea Restaurant
Sweet Tea Restaurant is a cafeteria-style meat-and-three restaurant located at 2205 3rd Avenue South. The 7,000 square-foot, 160-seat restaurant is owned by Chris Tomaras and managed by Mike Skaran. It opened for business on August 1, 2011. Tomaras passed away in 2015.
Sweet Tea Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, with homestyle Southern and Greek-inﬂuenced specials daily. A separate cafeteria line and parking spaces for take-out patrons speeds service during the lunch rush.
- "Sweet Tea Restaurant to open in downtown." (March 11, 2011) Birmingham Business Journal
- Carlton, Bob (July 22, 2011) "Tomaras back in his beloved Birmingham to open Sweet Tea Restaurant." Birmingham News
- Horn, Jason (July 29, 2011) "Sweet Tea Restaurant brings restaurateur Chris Tomaras back to Birmingham." Magic City Post
- Crider, Deeana (September 23, 2011) "Sweet Tea Restaurant, new Greek and Southern spot at UAB, serves tea and more." Birmingham News
- Sweet Tea Restaurant website