Difference between revisions of "The Fire Pit"

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "'''The Fire Pit''' was an early gay bar in Birmingham. It was owned by Al Pilkington and located at 1915 5th Avenue North. The club's whiskey license was approved ...")
 
 
Line 1: Line 1:
'''The Fire Pit''' was an early gay bar in [[Birmingham]]. It was owned by [[Al Pilkington]] and located at 1915 [[5th Avenue North]]. The club's whiskey license was approved in February [[1963]].
+
'''The Fire Pit''' was an early gay bar in [[Birmingham]]. It was owned by [[Al Pilkington]] and located at 1915 [[5th Avenue North]]. The club was already operating with a beer license before its whiskey license was approved by the [[Birmingham City Commission]] on [[March 8]], [[1963]].
  
 
By [[1972]] the name of the club had changed to [[The Gold Torch]].
 
By [[1972]] the name of the club had changed to [[The Gold Torch]].

Latest revision as of 11:06, 11 October 2019

The Fire Pit was an early gay bar in Birmingham. It was owned by Al Pilkington and located at 1915 5th Avenue North. The club was already operating with a beer license before its whiskey license was approved by the Birmingham City Commission on March 8, 1963.

By 1972 the name of the club had changed to The Gold Torch.