Therapy Brands is a software developer operating out of the Innovation Depot in Birmingham. The company, founded in 2013 by Shegun Otulana develops and supports the TheraNest practice-management software platform for counseling centers.
The company has received investment capital from Gold Standard Ventures of Vancouver, British Columbia; Providence Strategic Growth of Providence, Rhode Island; Lightyear Capital of New York, New York; and Oak HC/FT of Greenwich, Connecticut.
Kimberly O'Loughlin, who lives in Morristown, New Jersey, succeeded Otulana as CEO of Therapy Brands in 2020. In 2021 the investment firm KKR of New York City acquired a majority stake in the company.
- Cline, Wade (April 7, 2017) "Startup Grind Birmingham features local entrepreneur Shegun Otulana, CEO of TheraNest." Bham Now
- Thornton, William (July 25, 2018) "New York firm makes majority investment in growing Birmingham company." The Birmingham News
- Johnson, Roy S. (October 12, 2018) "Family, faith, growing up where everyone “looks like you” inspired Nigerian tech entrepreneur’s huge success." The Birmingham News
- Hare, Francis (December 17, 2018) "Meet the BVC’s Jemison Awards winner: Shegun Otulana" Birmingham Business Journal
- Patchen, Tyler (February 11, 2020) "Birmingham-based software company names new CEO." Birmingham Business Journal
- Patchen, Tyler (April 7, 2021) "Global firm buys majority stake in fast-growing Therapy Brands." Birmingham Business Journal
- Therapy Brands website