The company has received investment capital from Gold Standard Ventures of Vancouver, British Columbia; Providence Strategic Growth of Providence, Rhode Island; Lightyear Capital of New York, New York; and Oak HC/FT of Greenwich, Connecticut. After graduating from Innovation Depot, the company opened offices at Two North Twentieth.
Kimberly O'Loughlin, who lives in Morristown, New Jersey, succeeded Otulana as CEO of Therapy Brands in 2020. In 2021 the investment firm KKR of New York City acquired a majority stake in the company.
- Cline, Wade (April 7, 2017) "Startup Grind Birmingham features local entrepreneur Shegun Otulana, CEO of TheraNest." Bham Now
- Thornton, William (July 25, 2018) "New York firm makes majority investment in growing Birmingham company." The Birmingham News
- Johnson, Roy S. (October 12, 2018) "Family, faith, growing up where everyone “looks like you” inspired Nigerian tech entrepreneur’s huge success." The Birmingham News
- Hare, Francis (December 17, 2018) "Meet the BVC’s Jemison Awards winner: Shegun Otulana" Birmingham Business Journal
- Patchen, Tyler (February 11, 2020) "Birmingham-based software company names new CEO." Birmingham Business Journal
- Patchen, Tyler (April 7, 2021) "Global firm buys majority stake in fast-growing Therapy Brands." Birmingham Business Journal
- Therapy Brands website