Tidwell Group LLC (formerly Tidwell DeWitt LLC and Reznick Group) was an accounting firm located at 361 Summit Boulevard in Birmingham. It was founded in 2002 by Barry Tidwell of the Tidwell, Mason and Thomas Companies and Ken DeWitt of Tuscaloosa's DeWitt & Dyer.
The firm expanded to Atlanta with the acquisition of Geeslin, Cordle, Johnson & Wetherington LLP in 2003. In 2007 the firm was sold to the Reznick Group, a national firm seeking to expand its presence in the Southeast. In 2009 the company left Reznick. Dewitt left the partnership to open a new practice which provides CFO services to corporations on a contract basis. Tidwell kept all of Reznick's local employees and oversaw a merger with Frost Cummings LLP to form the Frost Cummings Tidwell Group on January 1, 2010.
- Klein, Melissa (September 24, 2002) "Urge to Merge Hits Alabama CPA Firms". WebCPA
- "Reznick to Acquire Tidwell DeWitt." (September 11, 2007) WebCPA
- "Tidwell Spins Out from Reznick" (August 5, 2009) WebCPA
- Jarvis, Crystal (November 11, 2009) "Longtime accounting partners Tidwell, DeWitt part ways." Birmingham Business Journal
- Jarvis, Crystal (December 25, 2009) "Birmingham accounting firms Tidwell Group, Frost Cummings plan merger." Birmingham Business Journal
- Tidwell Group website