The station's owners were white, including president and general manager Ed Reynolds, vice president Leah Doss and secretary-treasurer John A. Thompson. Its eight employees, including on-air talent and sales staff, were all African-American. The station's offices and studio were located in the Forniss Building at 1417 4th Avenue North.
Shortly after the station went on the air, its broadcast antenna was damaged in a racially-motivated bombing.
The WEDR call letters were acquired by Ed Rivers for a station in South Florida in 1963.
September 1949 - 1963
- "All-Negro Station Goes On Air Sunday" (September 2, 1949) Birmingham Age-Herald - via The Birmingham Black Radio Museum - accessed October 8, 2019, .