Difference between revisions of "Welton School"

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "'''James A. Welton School''' was a school operated by Birmingham City Schools at 3716 5th Avenue in Wylam. The sch...")
 
Line 13: Line 13:
 
[[Category:Former elementary schools]]
 
[[Category:Former elementary schools]]
 
[[Category:Former Birmingham schools]]
 
[[Category:Former Birmingham schools]]
[[Category:64th Street South]]
+
[[Category:1951 establishments]]
[[Category:2nd Avenue South]]
+
[[Category:1969 disestablishments]]
 +
[[Category:5th Avenue Wylam]]

Revision as of 06:28, 6 November 2020

James A. Welton School was a school operated by Birmingham City Schools at 3716 5th Avenue in Wylam.

The school was founded in 1951 by Fannie S. Thomas, who served as principal and lone teacher. A new 4-classroom building was dedicated in 1961. It was named for James Welton, a former principal of Patterson Elementary School.

Welton School closed in 1969, having been made redundant by school integration.

Principals

References

  • The Huntsville Mirror (September 2, 1961), p. 2