Westminster Presbyterian Church

From Bhamwiki
Revision as of 06:16, 1 July 2022 by David Bains (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Westminster Presbyterian Church is a congregation affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (USA) located at 20 6th Avenue Southwest in Titusville. It was founded as a mission in 1943 and was incorporated in 1945 as part of the Central Alabama Presbytery of the Snedecor Memorial Synod of the Presbyterian Church in the United States.

Under founding pastor John Rice, the church erected a new sanctuary in 1951, shortly before he turned the pulpit over to his son, John Rice, Jr. The congregation has been part of the Presbytery of Sheppards and Lapsley since the presbyteries were integrated in 1964.

Pastors

References

  • Garrison, Greg (June 5, 2010) "Condoleezza Rice recalls Birmingham childhood roots at Titusville church." Birmingham News