Windsor Castle Restaurant
The Windsor Castle Drive-In was a drive-in restaurant owned by Johnny Cassimus from 1937 to the 1980s. It was located on the corner of 18th Street and 2nd Avenue South. The restaurant originally operated as a drive-in. Drive-in service disappeared by the 1960s and the restaurant added a bar.
The name of the restaurant made reference to the abdication of England's King Edward VIII in December 1936, which made him Duke of Windsor.
Cassimus sold the business in the early 1980s and it closed a few years later.
- Personal communication from Patrick Cather, via Facebook