Goodall-Brown Lofts

From Bhamwiki
(Redirected from Goodall-Brown Building)
Jump to: navigation, search

The Goodall-Brown Lofts are located at 2200 1st Avenue North in the building which formerly housed salesmen Robert Goodall's and Murray Brown's wholesale dry good store. The Goodall-Brown building was designed by architects John Miller and Hugh Martin of Miller, Martin & Lewis Architects, and was built in 1905 on the original site of the Caldwell Hotel, which burned in 1894.

References

  • Satterfield, Carolyn Green (1976) "Historic Sites of Jefferson County, Alabama" Jefferson County Historical Commission