Liberty House Lofts
Liberty House Lofts is a four-story brick commercial building at 2301-03 1st Avenue North, on the southeast corner of the intersection with 23rd Street North. It was constructed by Frank White for $43,500 in 1909 as a warehouse building. Soon it became the home of Collins & Co. Wholesale Grocers.
The building later served as a Packard automobile dealership before becoming the a factory and store for the Liberty Overall Company.
The building was purchased by developer Adam Cohen in the 1990s and converted into 16 residential lofts with secured parking below.
Ground level tenants at the Liberty House Lofts have included the Revill Law Firm, Davis Architects, Bancography and the Literacy Council of Central Alabama. The building has been featured during each Art Walk festival.
- Archibald, Alecia S. (July 29, 2007) "New lofts offer the best of urban life." The Birmingham News