List of Birmingham homicides in 1991
This is a List of Birmingham homicides in 1991. It includes homicide cases occuring within the city limits during the calendar year. Note that not all homicides are ultimately ruled to be murder in courts of law.
- July 2: Antonio DeWayne Hendricks was shot to death outside an apartment on 2nd Court North following a robbery attempt that triggered a shootout resulting in three deaths. One of the conspirators, Carlos Omar Smith, pleaded guilty to Hendricks' murder and was sentenced to serve 20 years in prison. After his release, Smith was charged with the 2012 murder of Reginald Leon Harper. In that case he was found not guilt at trial. (report)
- July 2: James Garrett, was killed in the shootout. Smith was initially charged, but the charges were dropped in return for his plea to Hendricks' death.
- July 2: Alejandra Clinton, was killed in the shootout. Smith was initially charged, but the charges were dropped in return for his plea to Hendricks' death.
- October 27: Sharma Ruth Johnson, 22, was shot to death at Zion Memorial Gardens in Zion City following a robbery and kidnapping which began at First Alabama Bank on Parkway East. Willie B. Smith III, Lorenzo Smith, and Angelica Willis were arrested and charged with capital murder. Willis pleaded guilty to felony murder and was sentenced to 25 years in prison. She testified against the Smith brothers. The younger brother was a minor at the time. Willie Smith, the shooter, admitted to shooting Johnson in a wire recording which was played for jurors. He was convicted and sentenced to death. His execution had been scheduled for February 11, 2021, but has been stayed by the 11th United States Circuit Court of Appeals. (report)
- December 24: A homeless male was beaten to death and another chased off a bridge where he was injured and left unconscious. Four members of a skinhead group were convicted of murder and sentenced to between 25 years and life in prison. 
- This list is incomplete. You can help Bhamwiki by expanding it.