Birmingham-Southern College Student Activity Building
The Birmingham-Southern College Student Activity Building is a 4-story building constructed in 1925 on the campus of Birmingham-Southern College to house a cafeteria, bookstore, student lounge, and dining and meeting rooms for student activities. It was designed by Miller, Martin & Lewis Architects with a red brick facade trimmed in limestone.
In 1940 a $20,000 renovation to the Student Activity Building was completed. The new work included an expanded book store on the ground floor, an expanded cafeteria occupying the entire second floor, a new balcony opening off of the student lounge on the third floor. The fourth floor would continue to house music studios and a reading room sponsored by the YMCA.
The building remains in use as a part of the much larger Norton Campus Center.
- "Hilltop Building To Get 'Face Lifting' At Cost Of More Than $20,000." (November 10, 1939) The Birmingham News, p. 11