Avondale Lodge No. 476
In 1908 the lodge commissioned a design for a new lodge building from architect David O. Whilldin, which it shared with the Avondale Station Post Office. The two-story, brown brick building, completed in 1909, cost $6,000 to construct.
The lodge's meeting room also featured large glazed openings, tied together at the top with a soldier course of brick set in relief. The Lodge's designation was set into a framed panel under a shallow false gable in the roof pediment. A cornerstone adjacent to the lodge door indicates the stamp of Grand Master H. S. D. Mallory.
- Shelby, Thomas Mark (2009) D. O. Whilldin: Alabama Architect. Birmingham: Birmingham Historical Society